Sunday, January 4, 2009

Different kinds of stitches

My Christmas holidays were lovely (ignoring the fact that I got a weird inner ear infection that made my head spin). For the first time in 15 years, we stayed home, and had family visit us. It was so nice to be tucked into our warm little house with our loved ones.

I took advantage of my talented maman's presence to tap into her formidable sewing skills. I've been wanting to make a kimono with some gorgeous Nani Iro fabric I bought last summer, but couldn't bring myself to cut into it. With an expert hand to guide me, I finally had the courage to do it.


Naniirokimono
And I couldn't be happier with the results.

I thought I had bought enough Nani Iro, but kimonos do take up a lot of yardage, so I had to purchase more fabric for the trim. The golden hand-painted batik cotton was a real find! I think it really brings out the floral pattern.

fulllengthkimono

This little foray into sewing has given me the desire to try more projects. But don't worry, knitting will always be my #1 love. I've got delicious things on the needles right now.

Porominprogress
Here's a little taste...


0 comments: