Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Like Lazarus

Holy Mackerel! I've just come back from the dead, y'all.

I had the worst case of influenza, kicking me so low that
I DIDN'T KNIT FOR TEN DAYS STRAIGHT!
You read that right. Ten days. It was hell.

But finally, this morning I woke up and felt like living again, so I polished these babies off on my lunch hour.

snickets5

You'll have to forgive me, I took excessive amounts of glamour shots.

snickets4


Indulge me, will ya? I've been an unwell woman starved for a little bit of knitting.


snickets1

Pattern: Snicket Socks, by Sabine Riefler, from the now defunct Magknits (whoa, the poop really hit the fan on this one while I was "away"). If you want the pattern, go to Sabine's website, she's provided a link to a Google cache of the pattern. I made two major mods: a flap heel instead of a short-row heel, and reverse stockinette heel/sole/toe.

snickets3

Yarn: Socks That Rock Lightweight, in Pond Scum (I love love love this colour). It was my first ever skein of STR, and really enjoyed working with it. It's got a stiff, tight twist that really shows off all those knit-in-back cables. Not so easy on the hands though.

snickets2


0 comments: