Monday, October 29, 2007

Yes, still another Rhinebeck post

First of all, thank you so much for the Oregon love. Your kind comments really made me happy. And for those who don't believe me, let me say again that this was really easy and enjoyable to knit. Don't let steeking intimidate you, it's not half as hard as it looks (though a shot of scotch doesn't hurt either).

For those of you who were hoping and praying that the whole Rhinebeck thing was over, sorry. I'll try and be short and sweet. You've heard the details already (fantastic weather, hoards of people, great vendors, blah blah blah) but in short, I had a great time.

Rhinebeck sights:

sheepyshot
Who's a pretty goat? (or is it a sheep? Ah crap, I don't know. Anyone?)



haymaze
FSFA (Future Sheep Farmers of America) in training.




sheepycoco
Oregon vest out in public!

The vest got a decent amount of recognition ("Is that Alice Starmore's Oregon?" and "Did you knit it?" were the most common questions), mostly thanks to the fact that the pattern is featured in the current issue of Vogue Knitting. Here I am posing with what may be the official Rhinebeck mascot. I'm not sure what breed she is, she was very quiet and coy for a sheep.



Later that evening:


carol'shat
The lovely Carol, suffering from a severe case of Post-Rhinebeck-Shopping-Induced delirium. She's modeling her poodle-patterned tea cosy as a very fetching hat (John Galliano, take note! Poodle-print tea cosy hats will be all the rage in 2008). Wine may have been flowing freely at this point.


Sunday morning:

knittinginthesun
Joanne and I, soaking up the incredible weather at our very pastoral B&B




rhinebeckladies
The "Rhinebeck 5", exhausted, broke, and happy, saying goodbye to all the sheepy-goodness.



What did I buy, you may ask?

Hopespinnery
Lovely plant-dyed and wind-powered Hope Spinnery yarn, in warm shades running from earthy pinks to burnished orange. The middle shades are more yellow than they appear in the photo. I'll probably make a simple pullover sweater where one colour melts into another.



pondscumstr
My first ever skein of lightweight Socks That Rock in the aptly named "Pond Scum". I arrived at the Blue Moon booth late, and there wasn't much left. But luckily for me, I had this colourway in mind all along. I think I might knit the Snicket Socks (just watched Lemony Snicket's last night on tv. I really enjoyed it, especially the art direction!)

I bought many more things, but the rest will have to wait till another post, because my camera batteries just died...


0 comments: